Posted By: Anonymous
Running the command
returns the device name, but it says it’s offline.
Things I’ve tried.
- Toggled Android debugging mode
- Reinstalled the Google USB driver
- Restored the OS to a previously working backup (CyanogenMod)
- Swapped the USB cord
- Rebooted the phone/computer multiple times
- Updated the Android SDK
I really don’t have any clue what’s going on. Anything else you think I can try, I’m all ears.
To be clear, if you’re having this same issue the problem is probably an out-of-date SDK. As of 4.2.2 there is a security feature that requires you to confirm the RSA fingerprint of the connecting device. Open the SDK manager and update the tools! Then reboot.
The thing that fixed it for me was to upgrade the SDK platform-tools to r16.0.1. For me, this version was not displayed in my SDK Manager, so I pulled it down from http://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools_r16.0.1-windows.zip directly.
You then need to rename the
platform-tools directory and unzip it to
android-sdk-windows/platform-tools. Using the SDK Manager, I had also updated to the latest sdk-tools before this.
If your whole Eclipse and ADT are ancient, you may need to update them as well, but I didn’t need to.
Note: you may need to run SDK Manager twice (once to update itself) before you will see the latest packages.