Posted By: Anonymous
To count the number of files in a directory, I typically use
ls directory | wc -l
But is there another command that doesn’t use
this is one:
ls -l . | egrep -c '^-'
ls -1 | wc -l
ls: list files in dir
-1: (that’s a ONE) only one entry per line. Change it to -1a if you want hidden files too
|: pipe output onto…
Answered By: Anonymous
- How to prevent scrolling the whole page?
- How to add 'load more' functionality to items on a…
- What are the undocumented features and limitations…
- How to install the Raspberry Pi cross compiler on my…
- What is your most productive shortcut with Vim?
- TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable
- Simplest way to create Unix-like continuous pipeline…
- Using SASS with Aurelia's Skeleton Navigation project
- Is it possible to apply CSS to half of a character?
- Aurelia/Karma/Istanbul Cannot read property 'skip'…
- How to use vue.js with gulp?
- Unions Data.Map singletons inside an IO
- Aurelia UX showcase app fails to load
- Polymer Custom Build Crisper Babel
- Playing HTML5 video on fullscreen in android webview
- Issue: C compiler used for C++ in CMake | CMake + git
- How to count words in Map via Stream
- Running shell command and capturing the output
- What is the GAC in .NET?
- Using sed and grep/egrep to search and replace
- Is it possible to pass a flag to Gulp to have it run…
- Missing visible-** and hidden-** in Bootstrap v4
- java calling a method from another class
- Angular 4 Pipe Filter
- Start redis-server with config file
- File changed listener in Java
- How do I use the nohup command without getting nohup.out?
- How do I use Ruby for shell scripting?
- eloquent laravel: How to get a row count from a ->get()
- Eclipse will not start and I haven't changed anything
- Can Windows Containers be hosted on linux?
- Temporary zip two temporary files
- How can I move all the files from one folder to…
- Pipe subprocess standard output to a variable
- child process spawn output file and directory in NodeJs
- How to pipe attachment to variable
- Using Gulp to Concatenate and Uglify files
- Polymer: gulp error at build time: merge-stream
- Polymer: two gulp errors at build time: 'async…
- Getting Bad Request 400 when sending data to django…
- Loop with nested polymer elements?
- How remove class step by step
- gulp same src with multiple destination one with…
- What are the calling conventions for UNIX &…
- Trying to read files in directory, directory just…
- Got exception when running the localhost cluster
- How do I pass a string into subprocess.Popen (using…
- The pipe ' ' could not be found angular2 custom pipe
- Get operating system info
- C# parse FHIR bundle - read resources
- Virtual Memory Usage from Java under Linux, too much…
- How to install Intellij IDEA on Ubuntu?
- Split string in C every white space
- How do I echo and send console output to a file in a…
- How to build boost as shared libraries for Android
- Counting words in string
- live output from subprocess command
- How can I get the source directory of a Bash script…
- Best way to replace multiple characters in a string?
- Clear Cache in Android Application programmatically
- Apache Flink - Mount Volume to Job Pod
- Individual click handlers in v-for loop
- Fix top buttons on scroll of list below
- Why does C++ code for testing the Collatz conjecture…
- Java Process with Input/Output Stream
- How do you get the list of targets in a makefile?
- How do SO_REUSEADDR and SO_REUSEPORT differ?
- How can I start PostgreSQL server on Mac OS X?
- Fast way of finding lines in one file that are not…
- How does PHP 'foreach' actually work?
- Django - update inline formset not updating
- Argparse optional positional arguments?
- Disable-web-security in Chrome 48+
- Sorting 1 million 8-decimal-digit numbers with 1 MB of RAM
- Ember-data: loading one-to-one related model
- Failing to read a named pipe being written to
- Count words in a string method?
- How can I delete all Git branches which have been merged?
- bower + gulp: main-bower-files fails to grab…
- Split output of command by columns using Bash?
- How can I find the product GUID of an installed MSI setup?
- how to get text from textview
- Issues indexing data extract from xml
- Easiest way to ignore blank lines when reading a…
- How do I list all cron jobs for all users?
- Why is reading lines from stdin much slower in C++…
- What's the best way to get the last element of an…
- bootstrap 4 responsive utilities visible / hidden xs…
- C how to find executable files only within given directory?
- Copy specified number of lines to multiple documents…
- How do I clone into a non-empty directory?
- Open directory using C
- Aurelia and System.js production build
- What does "Could not find or load main class" mean?
- How to paste yanked text into the Vim command line
- Improve INSERT-per-second performance of SQLite
- COUNT(*) vs. COUNT(1) vs. COUNT(pk): which is better?
- Unzipping files
- How do I execute a command and get the output of the…
- How to split a file into equal parts, without…