Posted By: Anonymous
I am trying to delete empty lines using sed:
but I have no luck with it.
For example, I have these lines:
✘✘✘✘✘✘ yyyyyy zzzzzz
and I want it to be like:
✘✘✘✘✘✘ yyyyyy zzzzzz
What should be the code for this?
You may have spaces or tabs in your “empty” line. Use POSIX classes with
sed to remove all lines containing only whitespace:
A shorter version that uses ERE, for example with gnu sed:
sed -r '/^s*$/d'
(Note that sed does NOT support PCRE.)
Answered By: Anonymous
- Stacked Tabs in Bootstrap 3
- Reference - What does this regex mean?
- Active tab issue on page load HTML
- How can I make this v-tabs Vuetify.js component work?
- `set -o posix` Not Working in Bash 5.0.17 on WSL2…
- Vue rendering order
- How to supress error: Mixed spaces and tabs?
- vue js cant understand keep alive
- Dynamic tabs with user-click chosen components
- What special characters must be escaped in regular…
- Vaadin: Tabs are displayed in a really bizarre way -…
- How to make a SIMPLE C++ Makefile
- What are the undocumented features and limitations…
- Vuejs: Using keep-alive (Or something similar) on a slot
- When tab is selected, show next tab.. if last tab…
- What is your most productive shortcut with Vim?
- Spring Boot - Cannot determine embedded database…
- Vaadin Designer Tabs not correctly adding children…
- UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean…
- How to make my custom tab component work with…
- When I'm testing a web app by JUnit and Mockito I…
- JUNIT @ParameterizedTest , Parameter resolution Exception
- Replace all whitespace with a line break/paragraph…
- Using jQuery Tabs with Marionette Layouts
- Removing leading and trailing spaces from a string
- Polymer 1.0 paper-tabs addEventListener stops…
- How to use Vuetify tabs with vue-router
- Fast way of finding lines in one file that are not…
- nesting elements and dynamic content inside…
- Polymer 2.0 menu tabs with content
- How to prevent scrolling the whole page?
- Polymer: Binding paper-tabs to core-pages inside…
- SSRS report using PowerShell Start-Job
- Maven2: Missing artifact but jars are in place
- Using querySelector to find nested elements inside a…
- Using XPATH to search text containing
- Match whitespace but not newlines
- Elastic search Whitespace Analyser and customer…
- Spring data jpa- No bean named…
- GridLayout and Row/Column Span Woe
- strange behavior with sed or xargs
- Styling paper-tab content
- How to remove all whitespace from a string?
- In CSS Flexbox, why are there no "justify-items" and…
- How can I exclude all "permission denied" messages…
- Dynamic Tabs/Lists with Ember js
- python 3.2 UnicodeEncodeError: 'charmap' codec can't…
- Change which paper-tabs displayed on-click data…
- vue.js: loop + component + if/else?
- "No such file or directory" error when executing a binary
- Is it possible to apply CSS to half of a character?
- Usage of __slots__?
- Sed command to add a character when pattern is matched?
- Is there a regular expression to detect a valid…
- How to use regex with find command?
- Tomcat 7 "SEVERE: A child container failed during start"
- Twitter Bootstrap tabs not working: when I click on…
- How to use Vuetify tabs with vue-router via router name
- does not work with ?
- How to get the part of a file after the first line…
- How can strip whitespaces in PHP's variable?
- C free(): invalid pointer
- Dart / Polygon - Using Paper tabs in a core-toolbar
- jQuery - trapping tab select event
- How to filter a RecyclerView with a SearchView
- How to change color of paper-tabs riple effect
- Launching Spring application Address already in use
- Binding Paper-Tabs to Core-Pages with Polymer
- Polymer focus() has to be wrapped in setTimeout() to work?
- How do SO_REUSEADDR and SO_REUSEPORT differ?
- Segmentation fault - invalid memory reference…
- How can I convert spaces to tabs in Vim or Linux?
- Rendering tabs (jquery ui) with Backbone.js &…
- Pandas group by with list of different length?
- How to correctly represent a whitespace character
- Can't seem to cleanup detached DOM elements
- How do you get the list of targets in a makefile?
- Vertical vuetify tabs
- How to use JQuery UI components in Aurelia getting…
- Redefine tab as 4 spaces
- How to use shell commands in Makefile
- how to bind polymer custom element to the contents?
- jQuery preventDefault() not triggered
- How do you start GridDB client in Ruby?
- 'this' vs $scope in AngularJS controllers
- Regular expression to allow spaces between words
- Implementation of library giving duplicate error
- Dynamically loading/changing Vuetify Tabs
- How to change the properties of a custom element in…
- What are the rules about using an underscore in a…
- Creating tab header for tabs web component using…
- Regex Named Groups in Java
- Use Paper-tabs in combination with Neon animated Pages
- What are the differences among grep, awk & sed?
- Virtual Memory Usage from Java under Linux, too much…
- paper-tabs polymer element not working with tool-bar
- How to Set Active Tab in jQuery Ui
- What are the currently supported CSS selectors…
- How to remove leading and trailing whitespace in a…