Posted By: Anonymous
In Bash, tried this:
echo -e "hellonworld"
But it doesn’t print a newline, only
n. How can I make it print the newline?
I’m using Ubuntu 11.04.
You could use
printf has more consistent behavior than
echo. The behavior of
echo varies greatly between different versions.
Answered By: Anonymous
- Ubuntu apt-get unable to fetch packages
- Install pip in docker
- What are the undocumented features and limitations…
- How to install Maven 3 on Ubuntu…
- R - do I need to add explicit new line character…
- How can I have a newline in a string in sh?
- What are the differences and similarities between…
- Ember build failing
- Homebrew install specific version of formula?
- Check number of arguments passed to a Bash script
- RegEx match open tags except XHTML self-contained tags
- fork() and wait() with two child processes
- How to get $HOME directory of different user in bash script?
- How to run a shell script on a Unix console or Mac terminal?
- Unexpected literal in error position of callback in Vue.JS
- How do I install Java on Mac OSX allowing version switching?
- Trying to embed newline in a variable in bash
- What is an optional value in Swift?
- How to remove MySQL completely with config and…
- How to debug a bash script?
- Import Python Script Into Another?
- How does PHP 'foreach' actually work?
- How to enable named/bind/DNS full logging?
- How do I print colored output to the terminal in Python?
- Evaluating a mathematical expression in a string
- Simple logical operators in Bash
- Why should text files end with a newline?
- Ubuntu: OpenJDK 8 - Unable to locate package
- How to check which PHP extensions have been…
- What is the difference between CMD and ENTRYPOINT in…
- How to define hash tables in Bash?
- vuex- state returned as function or object literal
- Replacing a 32-bit loop counter with 64-bit…
- What's a concise way to check that environment…
- Using %s in C correctly - very basic level
- How to update Python?
- How to echo with different colors in the Windows…
- How do SO_REUSEADDR and SO_REUSEPORT differ?
- Change the location of the ~ directory in a Windows…
- What does "-ne" mean in bash?
- Bash: Echoing a echo command with a variable in bash
- printf, wprintf, %s, %S, %ls, char* and wchar*:…
- docker command not found even though installed with apt-get
- data.table vs dplyr: can one do something well the…
- How do you list volumes in docker containers?
- How to remove a newline from a string in Bash
- What does if __name__ == "__main__": do?
- I lose my data when the container exits
- Mac OS X and multiple Java versions
- Which characters need to be escaped when using Bash?
- Printf width specifier to maintain precision of…
- bash export command
- eval command in Bash and its typical uses
- Install opencv for Python 3.3
- How do I use shell variables in an awk script?
- Why does C++ code for testing the Collatz conjecture…
- shell script. how to extract string using regular…
- Polymer CLI build runs out of memory
- Unsigned values in C
- How to upgrade R in ubuntu?
- Round number to nearest integer
- Print all but the first three columns
- How to convert a string to lower case in Bash?
- Swift: print() vs println() vs NSLog()
- How do I tell Maven to use the latest version of a…
- Print to the same line and not a new line?
- Java: how do I get a class literal from a generic type?
- How do I connect to a terminal to a serial-to-USB…
- Difference between single and double quotes in Bash
- What's the difference between [ and [[ in Bash?
- What's the difference between eval, exec, and compile?
- #define macro for debug printing in C?
- Is there a way to run Bash scripts on Windows?
- Importing a function from a class in another file?
- Redirect stderr to stdout in C shell
- How to convert integers to characters in C?
- How To Set Up GUI On Amazon EC2 Ubuntu server
- Correct location of openssl.cnf file
- How to install Intellij IDEA on Ubuntu?
- How can I get the source directory of a Bash script…
- constant pointer vs pointer on a constant value
- ValueError: invalid literal for int () with base 10
- Is gcc's __attribute__((packed)) / #pragma pack unsafe?
- How to tell if a string is not defined in a Bash…
- Using a raw SQL query with Sequelize ORM and literal
- "echo -n" prints "-n"
- SQL Error: ORA-01861: literal does not match format…
- How to use systemctl in Ubuntu 14.04
- Windows recursive grep command-line
- How can I echo a newline in a batch file?
- How do I parse command line arguments in Bash?
- How can one print a size_t variable portably using…
- Strings and character with printf
- List of ANSI color escape sequences
- How to replace a character by a newline in Vim
- Is there a way to specify how many characters of a…
- Bash: Strip trailing linebreak from output
- Avoid trailing zeroes in printf()