Posted By: Anonymous
To search forward in Vim for
cake, I’d type
/cake, but the cursor jumps to the first match when I press return. Is there a Vim command analogous to “find next”?
It is n for next and N for previous.
And if you use reverse search with
? (for example,
?cake) instead of
/, it is the other way round.
If it is installed on your system, you should try to run
vimtutor command from your terminal, which will start a tutorial of the basic Vim commands.
Rob Wells advice about * and # is also very pertinent.
Answered By: Anonymous
- Math.min with map returns NaN on 0 in collection
- Is CSS Turing complete?
- What is your most productive shortcut with Vim?
- How to change the integrated terminal in visual…
- What are the undocumented features and limitations…
- How can I find the product GUID of an installed MSI setup?
- How to add Typescript to a Nativescript-Vue project?
- Memcached vs. Redis?
- Why Do I get a Stack Overflow error when using…
- How can I get the Id from the URL in an Ember Route?
- How to sort an array in descending order in Ruby
- Format Column Data before passing to Vue Good-Table
- How to paste yanked text into the Vim command line
- Unable to see color in vim after upgrade
- Efficient Algorithm for Bit Reversal (from…
- How do you rotate canvas element to mouse position,…
- How can i use `parse = T` and functions like round…
- Ways to save Backbone.js model data?
- What is the difference between MacVim and regular Vim?
- Simplest way to create Unix-like continuous pipeline…
- Active tab issue on page load HTML
- How to use vim in the terminal?
- How do I install a plugin for vim?
- What's the best way to iterate an Android Cursor?
- Vue order list view
- round() for float in C++
- How do SO_REUSEADDR and SO_REUSEPORT differ?
- How to change CSS cursor dynamically vuejs
- analyze array in a specific direction
- regex match any single character (one character only)
- There is already an object named in the database
- Fix top buttons on scroll of list below
- Blazor Can't Update UI
- How to make vim paste from (and copy to) system's clipboard?
- Form field border-radius is not working only on the…
- java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot (forward |…
- Creating a custom counter in Spark based on…
- How do I resolve `The following packages have unmet…
- Start redis-server with config file
- select unique rows based on single distinct column
- How to round an average to 2 decimal places in PostgreSQL?
- Flex: REJECT rejects one character at a time?
- Logging best practices
- Error: the entity type requires a primary key
- java.sql.SQLException: - ORA-01000: maximum open…
- Getting started with Haskell
- I want to create a SQLite database like in the…
- How to add a class to change custom pointer/cursor…
- Using Mysql in the command line in osx - command not found?
- How do I extract data from JSON with PHP?
- Polymer 1.0 Trying to make a splitter which works…
- What is the difference between re.search and re.match?
- Vue.JS "TypeError: reverseMessage is not a function"
- Trouble understanding behaviour of modified VGG16…
- How do I install Java on Mac OSX allowing version switching?
- Implementing SearchView in action bar
- I have these 2 tonnage calculators. The first one is…
- In Qt5/PyQt5 how do I restore exact visible area and…
- How to format a phone number in a textfield
- Ukkonen's suffix tree algorithm in plain English
- How to insert a sdt before a given paragraph by using POI?
- Open terminal here in Mac OS finder
- What are forward declarations in C++?
- Smart way to truncate long strings
- How to filter a RecyclerView with a SearchView
- python 3.2 UnicodeEncodeError: 'charmap' codec can't…
- Reversing a linked list in Java, recursively
- How get the base URL via context path in JSF?
- jmxterm: "Unable to create a system terminal" inside…
- Reference - What does this regex mean?
- The definitive guide to form-based website authentication
- How do I print colored output to the terminal in Python?
- ComboBox.SelectedItem giving Null value
- How to retrieve inserted id after inserting row in…
- Getting the closest string match
- Why does Math.Round(2.5) return 2 instead of 3?
- FFmpeg: How to split video efficiently?
- Sort table rows In Bootstrap
- replacing list items in reverse order and skipping…
- Changing cursor for draggable not working in chrome…
- Copy a file in a sane, safe and efficient way
- How to get file name from file path in android
- Round number to nearest integer
- What is Ember RunLoop and how does it work?
- Vue js vuecli3 application does not work in ie11…
- How to Update Database from Assets Folder in App
- How do I keep only the first map and when the game…
- How do I run a terminal inside of Vim?
- how to store Image as blob in Sqlite & how to…
- How to delete selected text in the vi editor
- const commandFolders = readdirSync('./commands');…
- What does "Could not find or load main class" mean?
- Java adding objects according to ratios and population sizes
- List of ANSI color escape sequences
- Elastic Search - check if array of strings has any…
- How to check if a string contains text from an array…
- How to animate the sorting of a list with Vue.js
- How to detect if multiple keys are pressed at once…
- "The system cannot find the file specified"