Posted By: Anonymous
In my repository I have a branch called
aq which I’m working on.
I then committed new work and bugs in
What is the best way to get those commits into the
aq branch? Create another new branch out of
master and merge it with
Check out the
aq branch, and rebase from
git checkout aq git rebase master
Answered By: Anonymous
- Git workflow and rebase vs merge questions
- Checkout another branch when there are uncommitted…
- Why do I have to "git push --set-upstream origin "?
- Git merge with force overwrite
- What's the difference between "git reset" and "git…
- How to cherry pick a range of commits and merge into…
- In plain English, what does "git reset" do?
- Why does git perform fast-forward merges by default?
- Why call git branch --unset-upstream to fixup?
- Git: Create a branch from unstaged/uncommitted…
- Difference between git checkout --track…
- How can I reconcile detached HEAD with master/origin?
- How do I make a Git commit in the past?
- Various ways to remove local Git changes
- Why does Git say my master branch is "already up to…
- How to recover stashed uncommitted changes
- Git Cherry-pick vs Merge Workflow
- How to pull in changes from skeleton sub-repository…
- Git merge master into feature branch
- Setting up and using Meld as your git difftool and mergetool
- How to create the branch from specific commit in…
- How do I 'overwrite', rather than 'merge', a branch…
- How can I merge two commits into one if I already…
- Move the most recent commit(s) to a new branch with Git
- Homebrew install specific version of formula?
- moving committed (but not pushed) changes to a new…
- rebase in progress. Cannot commit. How to proceed or…
- In git, what is the difference between merge…
- What's the difference between HEAD^ and HEAD~ in Git?
- How to modify existing, unpushed commit messages?
- Your configuration specifies to merge with the from…
- master branch and 'origin/master' have diverged, how…
- What exactly does the "u" do? "git push -u origin…
- Merge, update, and pull Git branches without using checkouts
- Why did my Git repo enter a detached HEAD state?
- What are the best JVM settings for Eclipse?
- Squash the first two commits in Git?
- How to merge remote master to local branch
- Git submodule update
- How can I move HEAD back to a previous location?…
- git status shows modifications, git checkout --…
- How to copy commits from one branch to another?
- How to track untracked content?
- Practical uses of git reset --soft?
- How to git reset --hard a subdirectory?
- Git merge errors
- git pull while not in a git directory
- Pandas Merging 101
- How do I revert a Git repository to a previous commit?
- What is git tag, How to create tags & How to…
- git switch branch without discarding local changes
- What is a tracking branch?
- git pull from master into the development branch
- What are the differences between git branch, fork,…
- How to keep a git branch in sync with master
- How can I switch to another branch in git?
- How to revert multiple git commits?
- Remove sensitive files and their commits from Git history
- How do you fix a bad merge, and replay your good…
- What is the best (and safest) way to merge a Git…
- Change old commit message on Git
- Git - Pushing code to two remotes
- git error: failed to push some refs to remote
- Git Pull Request no changes but git diff show changes
- Git push won't do anything (everything up-to-date)
- Git submodule head 'reference is not a tree' error
- Git pull a certain branch from GitHub
- How can I find the location of origin/master in git,…
- Rebasing remote branches in Git
- Is it safe to shallow clone with --depth 1, create…
- When would you use the different git merge strategies?
- What is the difference between git pull and git…
- Retrieve specific commit from a remote Git repository
- Git, How to reset origin/master to a commit?
- Git "error: The branch 'x' is not fully merged"
- git stash blunder: git stash pop and ended up with…
- Why does git say "Pull is not possible because you…
- Choose Git merge strategy for specific files…
- How do you get git to always pull from a specific branch?
- Git push rejected after feature branch rebase
- git push says "everything up-to-date" even though I…
- How do I finish the merge after resolving my merge…
- Break a previous commit into multiple commits
- Why is Git better than Subversion?
- What is "git remote add ..." and "git push origin master"?
- How to commit my current changes to a different…
- Force "git push" to overwrite remote files
- How to get just one file from another branch
- error: Your local changes to the following files…
- How do I clone a single branch in Git?
- How to find the nearest parent of a Git branch?
- Git: Merge a Remote branch locally
- How do you rebase the current branch's changes on…
- Git pull after forced update
- Simple tool to 'accept theirs' or 'accept mine' on a…
- Merging 2 branches together in GIT
- How to change the commit author for one specific commit?
- How do I delete a Git branch locally and remotely?
- How do I force "git pull" to overwrite local files?
- How do I add files and folders into GitHub repos?