Posted By: Anonymous
I have the following string:
How can I get the last four characters and store them in a string using Python?
>>>mystr = "abcdefghijkl" >>>mystr[-4:] 'ijkl'
This slices the string’s last 4 characters. The -4 starts the range from the string’s end. A modified expression with
[:-4] removes the same 4 characters from the end of the string:
For more information on slicing see this Stack Overflow answer.
Answered By: Anonymous
- Can't install via pip because of egg_info error
- Use of Jquery on scroll event
- What's the difference between eval, exec, and compile?
- Reference - What does this regex mean?
- Is it possible to apply CSS to half of a character?
- Unexpected end of JSON input while parsing
- How do I merge two dictionaries in a single…
- How to update Python?
- What are the undocumented features and limitations…
- How do I copy a range of formula values and paste…
- Why is "1000000000000000 in range(1000000000000001)"…
- python 3.2 UnicodeEncodeError: 'charmap' codec can't…
- Install pip in docker
- center 3 items on 2 lines
- How to create range in Swift?
- Excel VBA For Each Worksheet Loop
- Best way to extract messy HTML tables using BeautifulSoup
- How to avoid using Select in Excel VBA
- Improved way to get subsets of a list
- Excel VBA: AutoFill Multiple Cells with Formulas
- Adobe XD to responsive html
- You have not concluded your merge (MERGE_HEAD exists)
- Is there some way to test my grammar which refer to…
- how to inject a store into a component (when using…
- VBA code to consolidate data in one row from three rows
- How to concatenate cell values until it finds a…
- Design DFA accepting binary strings divisible by a…
- Grep a regex pattern from file which starts with…
- What is Cache-Control: private?
- Aurelia bundling issue with virtual directory
- Python: print a generator expression?
- What does the Excel range.Rows property really do?
- Initialize a string variable in Python: "" or None?
- NameError: global name 'xrange' is not defined in Python 3
- Usage of __slots__?
- Ukkonen's suffix tree algorithm in plain English
- What exactly does stringstream do?
- Reactjs - SyntaxError: Octal literals are not…
- What does Ruby have that Python doesn't, and vice versa?
- How to get data records from a table into a result…
- Polymer 2.0 webcomponent Pie Chart with Slices…
- Aurelia repeat.for throws an undefined error with…
- initializing strings as null vs. empty string
- What is the => assignment in C# in a property signature
- git status shows modifications, git checkout --…
- Copying the cell value preserving the formatting…
- What does the Ellipsis object do?
- How do I use checkboxes in an IF-THEN statement in…
- python pandas - add unique Ids in column from master…
- How to loop through a column to copy all matching…
- Python style - line continuation with strings?
- 'int' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
- Vue - Multiple radio inputs, checked value?
- Active tab issue on page load HTML
- Relative imports for the billionth time
- How to change the range slider addition by click on…
- Difference between string and char types in C++
- Finding index of character in Swift String
- CSS overflow-x: visible; and overflow-y: hidden;…
- Why is this inline-block element pushed downward?
- Questions about using Svelte stores with tree-like…
- Order the legend names in ggplot2 object from…
- Are dictionaries ordered in Python 3.6+?
- Best way to specify whitespace in a String.Split operation
- Set cursor position on contentEditable
- Keras Sequential API is replacing every layer with…
- How to find out client ID of component for ajax…
- shell script. how to extract string using regular…
- Should you always favor xrange() over range()?
- Apply surrounding html elements on queried map
- What are type hints in Python 3.5?
- VBA : the value from ComboBox in IF THEN ELSE function
- EXCEL VBA, inserting blank row and shifting cells
- Install opencv for Python 3.3
- Copy data from non-contiguous cells
- Vue.js dynamic two way data binding between parent…
- How can I install a previous version of Python 3 in…
- Difference between `constexpr` and `const`
- Axios Interceptors retry original request and access…
- Running same VBA code for a range of columns (one…
- How can I split a string into segments of n characters?
- Fastest way to list all primes below N
- Why is there no xrange function in Python3?
- How to write a multidimensional array to a text file?
- NEXT.JS with persist redux showing unexpected behaviour
- What version of Python is on my Mac?
- Relationships with Ember CLI Mirage
- What methods of ‘clearfix’ can I use?
- What's the difference between Instant and LocalDateTime?
- Full-screen iframe with a height of 100%
- VBA : While and If then Do functions
- VBA for filtering columns
- Why doesn't the height of a container element…
- multi level ul li backbone.js
- git add only modified changes and ignore untracked files
- How should a model be structured in MVC?
- Get nth character of a string in Swift programming language