Posted By: Anonymous
Given an item, how can I count its occurrences in a list in Python?
If you only want one item’s count, use the
>>> [1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 4, 1].count(1) 3
Don’t use this if you want to count multiple items. Calling
count in a loop requires a separate pass over the list for every
count call, which can be catastrophic for performance. If you want to count all items, or even just multiple items, use
Counter, as explained in the other answers.
Answered By: Anonymous
- Can't install via pip because of egg_info error
- Logging best practices
- Why does C++ code for testing the Collatz conjecture…
- What's the difference between eval, exec, and compile?
- How does PHP 'foreach' actually work?
- Combining items using XSLT Transform
- How to make the script wait/sleep in a simple way in unity
- Vue.js mount component after DOM tree mutation to…
- How do I merge two dictionaries in a single…
- how to update child component's property using props…
- How to parse JSON with XE2 dbxJSON
- Usage of __slots__?
- How to update Python?
- How to filter a RecyclerView with a SearchView
- Update state from deeply nested component without…
- Aurelia: Inheritance of view and view-model
- What does "Fatal error: Unexpectedly found nil while…
- getting error while updating Composer
- Memcached vs. Redis?
- shared_preferences _CastError
- Increment and decrement counter JS
- Adding Counter in shell script
- What are type hints in Python 3.5?
- React Hook Warnings for async function in useEffect:…
- Counter increment in Bash loop not working
- What is the difference between atomic / volatile /…
- Improve INSERT-per-second performance of SQLite
- python 3.2 UnicodeEncodeError: 'charmap' codec can't…
- What is the worst programming language you ever worked with?
- Python recursive function, return in if statement
- How to print a string at a fixed width?
- SwiftUI how to get rid of constant initialization of…
- Simple backbone example not updating view
- What does Ruby have that Python doesn't, and vice versa?
- How do SO_REUSEADDR and SO_REUSEPORT differ?
- How to call a private local class
- How to dispatch a Redux action with a timeout?
- Relative imports for the billionth time
- Vuejs how to pass data from main.js to App.vue with props
- Install pip in docker
- Creating a singleton in Python
- How to handle Vue 2 memory usage for large data (~50…
- What is Ember RunLoop and how does it work?
- Aurelia - Setting up basic authorization pipeline…
- Replacing a 32-bit loop counter with 64-bit…
- What is your most productive shortcut with Vim?
- How do I deal with installing peer dependencies in…
- Understanding while-loops in Vue with setTimeout
- is it possible to publish matching getter and setter…
- Best way to replace multiple characters in a string?
- How can I find the product GUID of an installed MSI setup?
- Java: Finding the highest value in an array
- Why must vue component data be a function?
- Backbone Sorting and Updating a listview after an action
- Ensure multiple instances of the same component have…
- What is the Python equivalent of static variables…
- Longest sequence that holds a property in Dafny
- How to speed up insertion performance in PostgreSQL
- jQuery - Increase the value of a counter when a…
- Reset setInterval() from object
- Polymer local dom
- How to delete an item in a list if it exists?
- Share data across different components in Vuejs
- Using Auto Layout in UITableView for dynamic cell…
- What does the "yield" keyword do?
- Failed to mount component: template or render…
- ExpressJS How to structure an application?
- Vue.js can't find element using querySelector
- Python loop counter in a for loop
- Are dictionaries ordered in Python 3.6+?
- Vue.js v-for loop from an object key and nested array
- The definitive guide to form-based website authentication
- jQuery Mobile: document ready vs. page events
- What is a NullReferenceException, and how do I fix it?
- "Thinking in AngularJS" if I have a jQuery background?
- Running shell command and capturing the output
- How to add independent increment counter to new item…
- Volatile vs Static in Java
- How can I install a previous version of Python 3 in…
- Proper use of the IDisposable interface
- Database development mistakes made by application developers
- SQL query return data from multiple tables
- pandas.DataFrame.from_dict faster alternative
- Vue `v-for` directive with integer range bound to…
- How I can parser table values from google apps script
- Start redis-server with config file
- Python is not calling fucntions properly
- java.sql.SQLException: - ORA-01000: maximum open…
- Identifying and solving…
- Polymer web component content click event not firing
- How can I manually compile a svelte component down…
- What does a "Cannot find symbol" or "Cannot resolve…
- How do I print out the contents of a vector?
- Why do I have to "git push --set-upstream origin "?
- How to sleep a process when using multiprocessing in…
- Polymer not removing deleted element
- How do I return the response from an asynchronous call?
- Subtracting two lists in Python