Posted By: Anonymous
I can’t seem to connect to my database from a site. I get this error:
Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 – Could not open a connection to SQL Server
I tried using the local IP address to connect as well as a public one. I’ve tried:
- Yes, the site can communicate with the server
- Named pipes/TCP is enabled.
- Remote connections are allowed.
- Windows Firewall is off
- Created an exception for port 1433 in Windows Firewall.
- Enabled everything in SQL Server Configuration Manager.
What else can I do here?
Solving this problem is very easy:
- Go to control panel.
- search for services.
- Open Local services window from your search results
- Restart your MSSQLSERVER service.
Screenshot of the steps: