Posted By: Anonymous
I finally managed to obfuscate my Android application, now I want to test it by installing the APK file and running it on the emulator.
How can I install an APK file on the Android Emulator?
You can simply drag and drop the .apk file of your application to the emulator and it will automatically start installing.
- Execute the emulator (SDK Manager.exe->Tools->Manage AVDs…->New then Start)
- Start the console (Windows XP), Run -> type cmd, and move to the platform-tools folder of SDK directory.
- Paste the APK file in the ‘android-sdktools’ or ‘platform-tools’ folder.
- Then type the following command.
adb install [.apk path]
adb install C:UsersNameMyProjectbuildJorgesys.apk
- Copy the apk file to
- Open Terminal and navigate to platform-tools folder in android-sdk.
- Then Execute this command –
./adb install FileName.apk
- If the operation is successful (the result is displayed on the screen), then you will find your file in the launcher of your emulator.
Example : PATH=$PATH:/users/jorgesys/eclipse/android-sdk-mac_64/tools
Then run adb.
1.Run the emulator,
2.then copy your .apk file and paste into
if you are not able to find sdk path in your mac system, do the following steps: Open
finder->select Go option on top menu -> select Go to Folder option -> it will popup a window with a textfield:
/Users/your_system_username/Library/Android/sdk/ -> now open platform-tools folder and paste your copied .apk file,
Now open the terminal and type the following:
execute the following in your terminal:
./adb install yourapkfilename.apkif you get the following error message:
error: no devices found - waiting for device, follow step 5.
Run your emulator from Android Studio, once emulator active then repeat step 4, you will see the success message on your terminal.