Posted By: Anonymous
I want to replace all the occurrences of a dot(
For example, I have:
var mystring = 'okay.this.is.a.string';
I want to get:
okay this is a string.
So far I tried:
but this ends up with all the string replaced to spaces.
You need to escape the
. because it has the meaning of “an arbitrary character” in a regular expression.
mystring = mystring.replace(/./g,' ')
Answered By: Anonymous
- Reference - What does this regex mean?
- What are the undocumented features and limitations…
- shell script. how to extract string using regular…
- Escape a string in SQL Server so that it is safe to…
- How to remove white space characters from a string…
- Undefined Reference to
- Period in query string parameter breaks Aurelia routes
- How to print a string at a fixed width?
- python 3.2 UnicodeEncodeError: 'charmap' codec can't…
- Incorporating vis.js into polymer-starter-kit version 1.2.3
- How do I stretch the slideshow/Carousel in terms of height?
- Is there some way to test my grammar which refer to…
- How to Remove Line Break in String
- d3.js - draw arrow line from border to border
- Equals(=) vs. LIKE
- How to unescape a Java string literal in Java?
- When are you supposed to use escape instead of…
- Regular expression to allow spaces between words
- 3D Rotation of a camera using its own, new axes
- How to supress error: Mixed spaces and tabs?
- Ukkonen's suffix tree algorithm in plain English
- What's the difference between eval, exec, and compile?
- How to create range in Swift?
- Escape regex special characters in a Python string
- Is there a regular expression to detect a valid…
- How to validate an email address using a regular expression?
- Representing null in JSON
- Vue Chart.js - simple dot/line on bar chart
- How to split a string in Java
- pandas.DataFrame.from_dict faster alternative
- Vue Cli 3 Local fonts not loading
- RegEx match open tags except XHTML self-contained tags
- How to do a regular expression replace in MySQL?
- Reactjs - SyntaxError: Octal literals are not…
- IsNumeric gives unexpected results in excel/vba for…
- What is the => assignment in C# in a property signature
- lexers vs parsers
- Regular expression for floating point numbers
- numpy matrix vector multiplication
- Symfony 2, Twig: how not to escape field value (used…
- How to insert a string which contains an "&"
- What special characters must be escaped in regular…
- Understanding While Loops and Counter - How does it work?
- Regex to find all placeholder occurrences in text
- What's the easiest way to escape HTML in Python?
- How to detect escape key press with pure JS or jQuery?
- How to print an AST from a parser generator to graphviz?
- Removing special characters VBA Excel
- Using the star sign in grep
- How to force JS to do math instead of putting two…
- Regex matching in a Bash if statement
- Java string split with "." (dot)
- JSON character encoding - is UTF-8 well-supported by…
- Regular expression for only characters a-z, A-Z
- Windows git "warning: LF will be replaced by CRLF",…
- Which characters need to be escaped in HTML?
- What is the regular expression to allow…
- Difference between `constexpr` and `const`
- Regular expression to check if password is "8…
- How to compare 2 distances in Python, Pygame with…
- Relative imports for the billionth time
- Execute an expression rather than calling a method…
- How to add a new Line after every dot in Google Apps Script
- Python re.sub(): how to substitute all 'u' or 'U's…
- How to use a variable inside a regular expression?
- How to convert bytes string with wrong codification…
- Is it possible to apply CSS to half of a character?
- Invoke a second script with arguments from a script
- Insert text with single quotes in PostgreSQL
- Remove the last three characters from a string
- Cannot read property 'length' of undefined"
- Removing a list of characters in string
- What is your most productive shortcut with Vim?
- How to grep (search) committed code in the Git history
- Android splash screen image sizes to fit all devices
- Python string.replace regular expression
- Entity Framework LINQ complex query - combine…
- Capture div containing inline svg and download it as image
- How to find out client ID of component for ajax…
- How can I combine unicode to use it in ggplot2?
- Android ViewPager with bottom dots
- regular expression for DOT
- Setting dynamic scope variables in AngularJs - scope.
- How to search for occurrences of more than one space…
- List tables in a PostgreSQL schema
- Why does the arrow (->) operator in C exist?
- Inserting a Plain Text Content Control with a Macro
- How can I access and process nested objects, arrays or JSON?
- Find CRLF in Notepad++
- Create a list of strongly typed variable names using…
- How to get the part of a file after the first line…
- Get the string value from List through loop for display
- Java: splitting the filename into a base and extension