Posted By: Anonymous
I have a simple webAPI build by Visual Studio 2013. It works well when I run it from VS13 but when I copy the project in local IIS it gives me the following error.
HTTP Error 500.19 – Internal Server Error The requested page cannot be
accessed because the related configuration data for the page is
Detailed Error Information:
Module IIS Web Core
Handler Not yet determined
Error Code 0x80070021
Config Error This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault=”Deny”), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode=”Deny” or the legacy allowOverride=”false”.
Config File ?C:inetpubwwwrootAPITeslinweb.config
36: <system.webServer> 37: <handlers> 38: <remove name="ExtensionlessUrlHandler-Integrated-4.0" />
Got precisely the same error and came to this question. As @SpaceBison mentioned in comments, this answer describes the solution – https://stackoverflow.com/a/12867753/404099. I spotted it too late and it misses some steps. This is what worked for me:
Windows Server 2012, IIS 8.5. Should work for other versions too.
- Go to server manager, click add roles and features
- In the roles section choose: Web Server
- Under Security sub-section choose everything (I excluded digest, IP restrictions and URL authorization as we don’t use them)
- Under Application Development choose .NET Extensibility 4.5, ASP.NET 4.5 and both ISAPI entries
- In the features section choose: NET 3.5, .NET 4.5, ASP.NET 4.5
- In the web server section choose: Web Server (all), Management Tools (IIS Management Console and Management Service), Windows Authentication – if you are using any of it