Posted By: Anonymous
I see people are using
any to gather another list to see if an item exists in a list, but is there a quick way to just do?:
if list.contains(myItem): # do something
You can use this syntax:
if myItem in list: # do something
Also, inverse operator:
if myItem not in list: # do something
It’s work fine for lists, tuples, sets and dicts (check keys).
Note that this is an O(n) operation in lists and tuples, but an O(1) operation in sets and dicts.
Answered By: Anonymous
- Combining items using XSLT Transform
- no match for ‘operator
- Reference — What does this symbol mean in PHP?
- How to add 'load more' functionality to items on a…
- What's the difference between KeyDown and KeyPress in .NET?
- Convert array to nested JSON object - Angular Material tree
- PHP parse/syntax errors; and how to solve them
- AppCompat v7 r21 returning error in values.xml?
- Display Grid does not work in Polymer correctly
- Polymer dom-repeat not show up as expected
- Best way to notify polymer of updates to list items
- How to prevent scrolling the whole page?
- data.table vs dplyr: can one do something well the…
- Centering in CSS Grid
- What are "named tuples" in Python?
- How do I merge two dictionaries in a single…
- Ember - Understanding Inverse Relationships
- How to show title in hover - css / jquery
- Binding complex object to a component
- Database development mistakes made by application developers
- How to set the responsive width of Polymer component…
- What is the copy-and-swap idiom?
- Polymer dom-repeat not rendering changes with…
- Member '' cannot be accessed with an instance reference
- How do SO_REUSEADDR and SO_REUSEPORT differ?
- What is a NullReferenceException, and how do I fix it?
- Asyncio.gather vs asyncio.wait
- How to make vuetify navigation drawer to close group…
- How to split one list of dicts into two lists of…
- How to return grandchilds names for each person in array JS?
- Add Items to Columns in a WPF ListView
- Iterate through a list of dicts, placing dicts…
- How to specify line breaks in a multi-line flexbox layout?
- Dart core element core-collapse
- Valid values for android:fontFamily and what they map to?
- How to create a search filter using Vue js from API Data?
- Start redis-server with config file
- What's the difference between lists and tuples?
- How to implement an STL-style iterator and avoid…
- python 3.2 UnicodeEncodeError: 'charmap' codec can't…
- What are the undocumented features and limitations…
- Memcached vs. Redis?
- Route's Model Hook with Ember Data "filter" not…
- in doesn't call method on item change
- Check synchronously if file/directory exists in Node.js
- How do I include certain conditions in SQL Count
- Ember self-reference and polymorphism
- What is The Rule of Three?
- HashSet vs. List performance
- Error in styles_base.xml file - android app - No…
- bootstrap 4 row height
- How to convert string to expression ( value ) in…
- Overloading operators in typedef structs (c++)
- Changing CSS variable based on the parent class ||…
- Why does C++ code for testing the Collatz conjecture…
- Python, TypeError: unhashable type: 'list'
- After a little scroll, the sticky navbar just is not…
- Pandas - Merge rows of dataframe that have a shared value
- Polymer 1.x: Two-way databinding for paper-dropdown-menu
- Bootstrap 4 card-deck with number of columns based…
- What is “the inverse side of the association” in a…
- How to pass the id value of an url with axios and…
- Callback functions in C++
- Populating a dictionary using for loops (python)
- What does "Fatal error: Unexpectedly found nil while…
- What's the difference between eval, exec, and compile?
- What is your most productive shortcut with Vim?
- How does PHP 'foreach' actually work?
- Logging best practices
- Ember.js -- How do I target outlets in…
- The definitive guide to form-based website authentication
- nested dicts update
- Chrome / Safari not filling 100% height of flex parent
- Why does the arrow (->) operator in C exist?
- How can I find the product GUID of an installed MSI setup?
- Styling active-class in Vuetify
- How to change the floating label color of TextInputLayout
- Error inflating class…
- How can I get the data with using url parameter in a…
- Vuetify How to open and close dialogs within a data table
- Dynamically allocating an array of objects
- How can I remove an SSH key?
- TypeError: inverse is not a function (in handlebars helper)
- Vuetify v-list-item style change on hover
- How to make Vue reactive content update quickly?
- How to add Css Class to item inside Ember's…
- Remove duplicate dict in list in Python
- Perfomance issues with large number of elements in…
- Polymer paper-dropdown-menu not rendered correctly…
- I am trying to subtract but it is always adding one…
- center 3 items on 2 lines
- Overload operator delete to not delete object -…
- Python: Tuples/dictionaries as keys, select, sort
- Should operator
- sorting an object elements by matching prefix
- EntityFramework core - Update a collection of data…
- Changing Icon Color behind ListTile in an…