Posted By: Anonymous
I have spent been on the Maven site reading the 5- and 30-minute tutorials, and trialing Maven out for the first time.
I want to install a Maven plugin and use it to start building Maven projects from Eclipse.
Despite an honest effort, I have been unable to find a comprehensive tutorial on any Maven plugin.
M2E, which seems like the de facto standard, has nothing but broken (or recursive) links on their site.
I can’t tell if I even installed the plugin correctly, or how to use it.
Does anyone know of a good step-by-step guide to
M2E or any other plugin? One that comes with good installation documentation, along with a solid explanation of its features and proper uses?
(Edit 2016-10-12: Many Eclipse downloads from https://eclipse.org/downloads/eclipse-packages/ have M2Eclipse included already. As of Neon both the Java and the Java EE packages do – look for “Maven support”)
Way 1: Maven Eclipse plugin installation step by step:
- Open Eclipse IDE
- Click Help -> Install New Software…
- Click Add button at top right corner
At pop up: fill up Name as “M2Eclipse” and Location as “http://download.eclipse.org/technology/m2e/releases”
Now click OK
After that installation would be started.
Way 2: Another way to install Maven plug-in for Eclipse by “Eclipse Marketplace”:
- Open Eclipse
- Go to Help -> Eclipse Marketplace
- Search by Maven
- Click “Install” button at “Maven Integration for Eclipse” section
- Follow the instruction step by step
After successful installation do the followings in Eclipse:
- Go to Window –> Preferences
- Observe, Maven is enlisted at left panel
- Click on an existing project
- Select Configure -> Convert to Maven Project