Posted By: Anonymous
I am working on a WPF, C# 3.0 project, and I get this error:
Error 1 Metadata file 'WORK=- ToolsVersionManagementSystemBusinessLogicLayerbinDebug BusinessLogicLayer.dll' could not be found C:-=WORK=- Tools VersionManagementSystemVersionManagementSystemCSC VersionManagementSystem
This is how I reference my usercontrols:
xmlns:vms="clr-namespace:VersionManagementSystem" <vms:SignOffProjectListing Margin="5"/>
It happens after every failed build. The only way I can get the solution to compile is to comment out all my user controls and re-build the project, and then I uncomment the usercontrols and everything is fine.
I have checked build orders and dependencies configurations.
As you can see, it seems to have truncated the DLL file’s absolute path… I have read that there is a bug with the length. Is this a possible problem?
It’s very annoying and having to comment, build, and uncomment, the build is becoming extremely tiresome.
I just had the same problem. Visual Studio isn’t building the project that’s being referenced.
- Right click on the solution and click Properties.
- Click Configuration on the left.
- Make sure the check box under “Build” for the project it can’t find is checked. If it is already checked, uncheck, hit apply and check the boxes again.
- (Optional) You had to do it for both Release and Debug modes on the solution properties.
Screen capture Instructions:
- They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Click on the GIF to zoom in, and hopefully it will be easy to follow: