Posted By: Anonymous
Is it possible to commit and push changes from one branch to another.
Assume I commited changes in BRANCH1 and want to push them to BRANCH2.
From BRANCH1, is it valid to do:
git push origin **BRANCH2**
And then reset BRANCH1?
That will almost work.
When pushing to a non-default branch, you need to specify the source ref and the target ref:
git push origin branch1:branch2
git push <remote> <branch with new changes>:<branch you are pushing to>
Answered By: Anonymous
- Checkout another branch when there are uncommitted…
- Why call git branch --unset-upstream to fixup?
- Why do I have to "git push --set-upstream origin "?
- Git Using Remote Branch
- Why do git fetch origin and git fetch : behave differently?
- In plain English, what does "git reset" do?
- Git - Pushing code to two remotes
- loop and eliminate unwanted lines with beautiful soup
- Retrieve specific commit from a remote Git repository
- How do I make a Git commit in the past?
- git pull while not in a git directory
- How can I find the location of origin/master in git,…
- Various ways to remove local Git changes
- Difference between git checkout --track…
- Git workflow and rebase vs merge questions
- Why does git perform fast-forward merges by default?
- Rebase feature branch onto another feature branch
- Your configuration specifies to merge with the from…
- How does origin/HEAD get set?
- npm ERR! fetch failed status code 502
- What's the difference between HEAD^ and HEAD~ in Git?
- merge one local branch into another local branch
- What exactly does the "u" do? "git push -u origin…
- git lfs push to github failure on Ubuntu 18.04
- How to modify existing, unpushed commit messages?
- Git merge with force overwrite
- How can I reconcile detached HEAD with master/origin?
- “tag already exists in the remote" error after…
- What is a tracking branch?
- What is "git remote add ..." and "git push origin master"?
- How can I switch to another branch in git?
- How to recover stashed uncommitted changes
- How to pull in changes from skeleton sub-repository…
- Change a Git remote HEAD to point to something…
- What's the difference between "git reset" and "git…
- How do I delete a Git branch locally and remotely?
- Why did my Git repo enter a detached HEAD state?
- How do I revert a Git repository to a previous commit?
- Squash the first two commits in Git?
- Is it safe to shallow clone with --depth 1, create…
- How do I rename both a Git local and remote branch name?
- Why does Git say my master branch is "already up to…
- Git submodule head 'reference is not a tree' error
- What are the differences between git remote prune,…
- How can I move HEAD back to a previous location?…
- unable to deploy next js to azure
- How to cherry pick a range of commits and merge into…
- Git, How to reset origin/master to a commit?
- Specifying java version in maven - differences…
- Does "git fetch --tags" include "git fetch"?
- How to revert multiple git commits?
- How to create the branch from specific commit in…
- How to list branches that contain a given commit?
- Git push won't do anything (everything up-to-date)
- Push git commits & tags simultaneously
- moving committed (but not pushed) changes to a new…
- Check if pull needed in Git
- Move the most recent commit(s) to a new branch with Git
- How do you stop tracking a remote branch in Git?
- Setting up and using Meld as your git difftool and mergetool
- Why does git say "Pull is not possible because you…
- Git submodule update
- Git push rejected after feature branch rebase
- master branch and 'origin/master' have diverged, how…
- Remote branch is not showing up in "git branch -r"
- Why does Git tell me "No such remote 'origin'" when…
- git push says "everything up-to-date" even though I…
- Practical uses of git reset --soft?
- How does PHP 'foreach' actually work?
- Git: Create a branch from unstaged/uncommitted…
- How do I clone a single branch in Git?
- Need to reset git branch to origin version
- Git's famous "ERROR: Permission to .git denied to user"
- How to use Git Revert
- How can I merge two commits into one if I already…
- How do I use 'git reset --hard HEAD' to revert to a…
- How to retrieve a single file from a specific…
- git pull from master into the development branch
- Why does git status show branch is up-to-date when…
- Resetting remote to a certain commit
- Force "git push" to overwrite remote files
- Git push: "fatal 'origin' does not appear to be a…
- Why do I need to do `--set-upstream` all the time?
- How to fix Git error: object file is empty?
- Updates were rejected because the tip of your…
- git error: failed to push some refs to remote
- How to track untracked content?
- What's the difference between git clone --mirror and…
- git bring some "older" changes to a new branch after…
- Merge, update, and pull Git branches without using checkouts
- How to fetch all Git branches
- Detach (move) subdirectory into separate Git repository
- How do you get git to always pull from a specific branch?
- How do I add files and folders into GitHub repos?
- Git fetch remote branch
- How to find the nearest parent of a Git branch?
- Cleaning up old remote git branches
- What is git tag, How to create tags & How to…
- Git Pull is Not Possible, Unmerged Files
- Git Push error: refusing to update checked out branch