Posted By: Anonymous
I know that in Linux, to redirect output from the screen to a file, I can either use the
tee. However, I’m not sure why part of the output is still output to the screen and not written to the file.
Is there a way to redirect all output to file?
That part is written to stderr, use
2> to redirect it. For example:
foo > stdout.txt 2> stderr.txt
or if you want in same file:
foo > allout.txt 2>&1
Note: this works in (ba)sh, check your shell for proper syntax
Answered By: Anonymous
- Issue with iron-ajax request
- easiest way to extract Oracle form xml format data
- How do I write stderr to a file while using "tee"…
- How does the vim "write with sudo" trick work?
- Running shell command and capturing the output
- How do i arrange images inside a div?
- CMD: Export all the screen content to a text file
- How to install the Raspberry Pi cross compiler on my…
- How to redirect output to a file and stdout
- node.js shell command execution
- Redirect stderr to stdout in C shell
- How to get $HOME directory of different user in bash script?
- How to hide command output in Bash
- What is the origin of foo and bar?
- live output from subprocess command
- Pipe subprocess standard output to a variable
- bash script cd command affecting tee command
- How can I exclude all "permission denied" messages…
- redirect COPY of stdout to log file from within bash…
- UnboundLocalError: local variable 'event' referenced…
- Java Process with Input/Output Stream
- Why cat does not work with parameter -0 in xargs?
- PHP parse/syntax errors; and how to solve them
- Redirecting stdout and stderr to variable within bash script
- How to permanently set $PATH on Linux/Unix?
- Docker compose fails to start a service with an…
- First echo missing when using bash -c over SSH
- How to redirect and append both stdout and stderr to…
- How to redirect output of an entire shell script…
- How do I use sudo to redirect output to a location I…
- Onclick, the button moves down, why can that due to?
- Callback functions in C++
- Pandas how to split vlaues of every column based on colon
- read subprocess stdout line by line
- Capture the output of subprocess.run() but also…
- C++ template,typename and operator
- Simplest way to create Unix-like continuous pipeline…
- Text size and different android screen sizes
- Sort table rows In Bootstrap
- How to run a shell script on a Unix console or Mac terminal?
- How do I echo and send console output to a file in a…
- How to debug a bash script?
- How to remove element from array in forEach loop?
- Simple logical operators in Bash
- Check number of arguments passed to a Bash script
- Can Windows Containers be hosted on linux?
- Python 3 TypeError: must be str, not bytes with…
- Problems with local variable scope. How to solve it?
- How to output to the console and file?
- Redirecting dbaccess output loses a character
- python 3.2 UnicodeEncodeError: 'charmap' codec can't…
- How can I draw a curly brace under my matrix to…
- What's a concise way to check that environment…
- Why does an SSH remote command get fewer environment…
- How can I pipe stderr, and not stdout?
- How do SO_REUSEADDR and SO_REUSEPORT differ?
- Flutter: RenderBox was not laid out
- What are the calling conventions for UNIX &…
- no match for ‘operator
- How to determine the current shell I'm working on
- #define macro for debug printing in C?
- data.table vs dplyr: can one do something well the…
- Vue.js ignore html in textarea
- Writing outputs to log file and console
- How can I configure Logback to log different levels…
- Python : Using Turtle-graphics, having issue with…
- sudo echo "something" >> /etc/privilegedFile…
- What does "-ne" mean in bash?
- Change the location of the ~ directory in a Windows…
- C: socket connection timeout
- Using module 'subprocess' with timeout
- How to redirect 'print' output to a file using python?
- warning: control reaches end of non-void function…
- Get operating system info
- Bash: Echoing a echo command with a variable in bash
- Python: How to get stdout after running os.system?
- What makes Printf prints twice?
- Redirect all output to file using Bash on Linux?
- Best approach to real time http streaming to HTML5…
- problem with client server unix domain stream…
- How do I pass a string into subprocess.Popen (using…
- bash export command
- Is this request generated by EF Core buggy or is it my code?
- Usage of __slots__?
- Unhandled Promise Rejection when trying to call…
- How to define hash tables in Bash?
- What are the undocumented features and limitations…
- Redirect stdout to a file in Python?
- Nvidia CUDA Error: no kernel image is available for…
- How the int.TryParse actually works
- eval command in Bash and its typical uses
- Bash Script : what does #!/bin/bash mean?
- Pipe output and capture exit status in Bash
- In the shell, what does " 2>&1 " mean?
- Pylint, PyChecker or PyFlakes?
- Why does printf not flush after the call unless a…
- Fix top buttons on scroll of list below
- How/When does Execute Shell mark a build as failure…