Posted By: Anonymous
I’m working with several repositories, but lately I was just working in our internal one and all was great.
Today I had to commit and push code into other one, but I’m having some troubles.
$ git push appharbor master error: The requested URL returned error: 403 while accessing https://[email protected]/mitivo.git/info/refs?service=git-receive-pack fatal: HTTP request failed
There is nothing I can do, that would bring the password entry again.
How can I reset the credentials on my system so Git will ask me for the password of that repository?
I have tried:
git config --global --unset core.askpass
in order to unset the password
git config credential.helper 'cache --timeout=1'
in order to avoid credentials cache…
Nothing seems to work; does anyone have a better idea?
If this problem comes on a Windows machine, do the following.
- Go to Credential Manager
- in German, it is called: Anmeldeinformationsverwaltung
- in French, it is called: Gestionnaire d’identification
- Go to Windows Credentials
- Delete the entries under Generic Credentials
- Try connecting again. This time, it should prompt you for the correct username and password.