Posted By: Anonymous
I have a
C# solution with several projects in
Visual Studio 2010.
One is a test project (I’ll call it “PrjTest“), the other is a
Windows Forms Application project (I’ll call it “PrjForm“). There is also a third project referenced by PrjForm, which it is able to reference and use successfully.
PrjForm references PrjTest, and PrjForm has a class with a
- Reference has been correctly added
usingstatement is correctly in place
- Spelling is correct
- PrjTest builds successfully
- PrjForm almost builds, but breaks on the
using PrjTest;line with the error:
The type or namespace name ‘PrjTest’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
I’ve tried the following to resolve this:
- Removed Resharper (since Resharper had no trouble recognizing the referenced project, I thought it might be worth a shot)
- Removed and re-added the reference and using statement
- Recreated PrjForm from scratch
- PrjForm currently resides inside the PrjTest folder, I tried moving it to an outside folder
- Loaded the solution on a different computer with a fresh copy of
I have done my homework and spent far too long looking for an answer online, none of the solutions has helped yet.
What else could I try?
See this question.
Turns out this was a client profiling issue.
PrjForm was set to “.Net Framework 4 Client Profile”
I changed it to “.Net Framework 4”, and now I have a successful build.
I guess it figures that after all that time spent searching online, I find the solution minutes after posting, I guess the trick is knowing the right question to ask..