Posted By: Aron Rotteveel
When looking at most sites (including SO), most of them use:
<input type="button" />
- What are the main differences between the two, if any?
- Are there valid reasons to use one instead of the other?
- Are there valid reasons to use combine them?
- Does using
<button>come with compatibility issues, seeing it is not very widely used?
- Here’s a page describing the differences (basically you can put html into a
- And another page describing why people avoid
Another IE problem when using
And while we’re talking about IE, it’s
got a couple of bugs related to the
width of buttons. It’ll mysteriously
add extra padding when you’re trying
to add styles, meaning you have to add
a tiny hack to get things under