Posted By: raldi
Why is it that
scanf() needs the
l in “
%lf” when reading a
printf() can use “
%f” regardless of whether its argument is a
double or a
double d; scanf("%lf", &d); printf("%f", d);
Because C will promote floats to doubles for functions that take variable arguments. Pointers aren’t promoted to anything, so you should be using
%la in C99) to read in doubles.
Answered By: MSN
- Issue with iron-ajax request
- easiest way to extract Oracle form xml format data
- C++ template,typename and operator
- Most effective way to parse JSON Objects
- How do i arrange images inside a div?
- Getting infinite loop after entering 2 objects to…
- Correct format specifier to print pointer or address?
- Scanf/Printf double variable C
- Correct format specifier for double in printf
- Why doesn't the height of a container element…
- I have just started learning function pointers in C…
- delete item in array of struct that has char array…
- Callback functions in C++
- Implementation of user defined array on stack and/or…
- I do not use TBB, but I get linker errors related to TBB
- What does "dereferencing" a pointer mean?
- Efficient Algorithm for Bit Reversal (from…
- problem with client server unix domain stream…
- Draw in Canvas by finger, Android
- #define macro for debug printing in C?
- Flutter: RenderBox was not laid out
- Add element to an array embedded inside a…
- AWK to print field $2 first, then field $1
- Can scanf() function take single character value?
- How to implement the factory method pattern in C++ correctly
- Sort table rows In Bootstrap
- Onclick, the button moves down, why can that due to?
- OpenCL - Approximation of Pi via Monte Carlo…
- Docker compose fails to start a service with an…
- Reference — What does this symbol mean in PHP?
- no match for ‘operator
- Point belonging to a polygon : program in C and python
- Adding numbers and receiving a NaN
- How can I get an int from stdio in C?
- Creating an dynamic array, but getting segmentation…
- Can the type of a function be constrained to certain…
- Are 'Arrow Functions' and 'Functions' equivalent /…
- What does the CSS rule "clear: both" do?
- Ember.js ember-data and cross-domain ajax requests
- How to remove element from array in forEach loop?
- Why does declared array size not affect the size of…
- How can I draw a curly brace under my matrix to…
- C++ pointer vs object
- C++ OpenGL stb_image.h errors
- What do these operators mean (** , ^ , %, //)?
- Python: Float to Decimal conversion and subsequent…
- Vue.js ignore html in textarea
- What is the difference between float and double?
- Pandas - Reshape a dataframe columns based on…
- Detect whether a Python string is a number or a letter
- How do SO_REUSEADDR and SO_REUSEPORT differ?
- Collision Problems in Processing
- Printf width specifier to maintain precision of…
- Android Image View Pinch Zooming
- python 3.2 UnicodeEncodeError: 'charmap' codec can't…
- Random normal distribution generator comparison
- How to verify strings and doubles in switch satements
- Reading in double values with scanf in c
- Firebase deployng Sapper app as cloud function failed
- Reading a string with scanf
- Unhandled Promise Rejection when trying to call…
- How can I make an Idempotent Callable Function with…
- Using %s in C correctly - very basic level
- How to read numbers separated by space using scanf
- How can I create an executable to run a kernel in a…
- "Undefined reference to" template class constructor
- What does the clearfix class do in css?
- 'foo' was not declared in this scope c++
- Creating a class object in c++
- When to use references vs. pointers
- What are the undocumented features and limitations…
- How to convert the following C++ code to C#
- SDL_SetRenderTarget() hangs for a while if multiple…
- Pointer to incomplete class type is not allowed
- Expected expression before int
- How the int.TryParse actually works
- getDouble function in C
- Draw multiple lines using OpenGL 3.0+ in C
- How to pass all arguments passed to my bash script…
- Iterator invalidation rules
- Drop-down menu that opens up/upward with pure css
- Why is my loop stopping at the first argument (char…
- Float vs Decimal in ActiveRecord
- What is the origin of foo and bar?
- How can I determine whether a 2D Point is within a Polygon?
- How do Mockito matchers work?
- What does T&& (double ampersand) mean in C++11?
- Detecting when Partial extends T
- Fix top buttons on scroll of list below
- How do I use arrays in C++?
- Reading and writing to serial port in C on Linux
- How to detect if multiple keys are pressed at once…
- Why my "title" bloc doesn't go to bottom?
- Differences between unique_ptr and shared_ptr
- How do you allow spaces to be entered using scanf?
- Why not use Double or Float to represent currency?
- Why are elementwise additions much faster in…